Monday, November 1, 2010

Hello November

Halloween was this past weekend and it was so great. I spent it working, dancing, and listening to scary stories with friends. Now October is gone and November begins. October was full of good and great things and a few sad things but over all it was a good month. I have now been in Maryland for just about 3 months and I feel like I have been here for years. Coming here has been the best thing I've done. I have made many great friends that I have enjoyed getting to know and spending time with them is always great and i continue to make new friends everyday. I finally found a new job! and I'm loving it. I'm an assistant at a high end hair salon right by my house. I'm comfortable there and I enjoy the people I work with. In other news the past two weeks in the life of Hailey has been no smooth ride. I first found out that a dear teacher of mine passed away. He was a great teacher and mentor to me. It hit me hard and as I was moving on, I got word that my brother had a stroke. Last week was filled with waiting by the phone for test results and news of my brothers condition. Doctors discovered that there is a hole in his heart that caused this stroke. Thankfully my brother is stable and he is going to have the hole fixed. It was hard to be on the other side of the country when all this was happening to my brother. He has and always will be my all time favorite person, the one I look up to the most, and my hero no matter what. I'm so unbelievably grateful that he is alright. I am also grateful for my friends here that helped me through all of that. I am now that things are calming down I am looking forward to the wonderful things that November will bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment